These are some Tips to Avoid PC Repair
1. When you turn off your computer, you should firstly wait to complete the Windows shutdown process to avoid damages to the hard disc, and operating system file structure.
2. It would be helpful to protect your computer by using an UPS (uninterrupted power supply) , so as your computer will not be damaged by an unexpected brownout. Base on experience most power supply and motherboards get blown out for not having a UPS, that includes desktops not Laptops
3. It is strongly recommended to backup your archives which are important for you and you would like to protect them. There are many types of storage devices such as external hard drives, USB sticks, CD’s etc, but I strongly suggest to backup your data on some type of cloud solution such as G-drive from Google, or Dropbox which due to their online encryption strategy it’s very safe.
4. Occasionally, you may want to run some type of registry cleaner a decent one I use all the time is Ccleaner,
Probably the most popular freeware cleaner globally with over 1 billion downloads since its launch in 2003. Piriform’s CCleaner is a quick and easy to use program which makes your computer faster, more secure and more reliable. CCleaner removes cookies, temporary files and various other unused data that clogs up your operating system. This frees up valuable hard disk space allowing your system to run faster. Removing this data also protects your anonymity meaning you can browse online more securely. The built in Registry Cleaner fixes errors and broken settings to make your computer more stable. The simple, intuitive UI and rapid but powerful cleaning make CCleaner a favourite among novices and techies alike. Professional, Network, Business and Technician Editions of CCleaner are also available for serious users.
Less Crashes & System Errors
If you notice lots of system freezes, error messages and often experience crashes, the chances are your registry become cluttered with unused files and broken settings. CCleaner’s fully featured Registry Cleaner identifies these issues and fixes them. The registry analysis takes seconds and cleaning just a little bit longer. Prompts advise you when to save backups to avoid losing important data.
More Secure Browsing
Advertisers and websites track your behaviour online with cookies. Saved passwords, cached data and internet histories make your identity less secure. CCleaner removes these files to make your browsing experience confidential, meaning you are less likely to suffer from identity theft and/or online fraud. The military grade Drive Wiper ensures any data you want to be permanently deleted, stays deleted.
5. Make sure to have a Paid Antivirus active on your computer, Antivirus such as Kaspersky, and Malwarebytes are among the most effective I’ve ever use for the most part. The thing about free Antivirus Software is that they do not protect you from Trojans, which are the ones that can affect your computer the most. So don’t be so cheap and purchase one :-). Also make sure your Windows Updates are up to-date since they work hand at hand with your Antivirus Software
7. When you turn on your computer, you should not permit ample programs loading up as long as they consume inestimable amount of your computer’s memory and Windows Resources. in most Microsoft OS search for MSCONFIG go to the startup tab and make sure to uncheck the windows application that do not need to start up upon startup. MAKE SURE NOT TO UNCHECK YOUR CURRENT ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE.
8) Browsers???, I personally use Google Chrome, it’s among the fastest browser in existence, but whatever you may be utilizing, make sure you download the Ad block extension, this will protect you from today’s online advertising popping up on your screen. Try to stay away from IE Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge Browser due to its bad reputation and vulnerability, its not highly recommended.